(Untitled)

ANZAC DAY -100 years

“Crack”, the bullets fly around their heads. The ANZAC’s have landed in Gallipoli, Turkey and it is the 25th April 1915, during World War 1. ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps and it is now 100 years later.

Our class discovered some interesting facts about the Anzac tradition.

We found out that the right side of the slouch hat is always turned up, because when the soldiers march, they look to the right with their eyes.

We also learnt about ANZAC biscuits. Families in Australia sent them overseas to their fighting loved ones because they didn’t easily go stale in the long trip. The biscuits were first called Soldier’s Biscuits but after the landing on Gallipoli, they were renamed ANZAC biscuits.

Simpson and his donkey were famous at Gallipoli in World War 1. Simpson carried wounded soldiers on his donkey to safety and he rescued over 300 men in 24 days this way.

This year is the 100th year since ANZAC’s landed on ANZAC Cove in Gallipoli. We remember all of the people who were killed or injured serving their country in all wars on Anzac Day.

LEST WE FORGET.

By Isabella

2 thoughts on “(Untitled)

1. Great Anzac facts Isabella. I think it was really fun researching the different things such as Anzac Biscuits poppies and the tomb of the unknown soldier

2. Hi I love your story I hope you do more because I have like the story you write. please do more so I can see some I think you are a great writer and the people an our class and I love it.